Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's been forever since I last posted and there are a number of things to add.

I ran the City to Bay in September.  I was aiming to finish the 12 km in 72 minutes but didn't make it, getting in at 74 minutes instead.  That was my best time, so I was still happy.  Dave did the run too and struggled a bit since he'd only arrived back from the UK a few days earlier.

In November I had another blood test to check the reproductive hormones.  I also had my regular checkup blood test and went to see Dr Giri. As usual, I waited for around half an hour before my five minute appointment.  I got the all clear lymphoma-wise and then Dr Giri said the hormone results indicated that my ovaries have failed and therefore I need a course of action as if I were a lady in my 50s.  He wrote out a special little Royal Adelaide Hospital card to handball me on to the Women's Health Centre.

On Monday this week my appointment at the Women's Health Centre arrived.  Once again I waited for about half an hour before being ushered into the doctor's room.  He didn't really know why I was there and although he had my file, which I felt was quite organised for the hospital, he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do for me.  I replied that I didn't know either, I'd just been sent from haematology because my ovaries weren't working after chemo.  He said my chances of having any more children is zero and eventually wrote out a prescription for hormone replacement therapy.  I am hoping it doesn't take too long for things to get sorted out once I start taking the tablets because it'd be nice to be free of hot flushes and other pesky symptoms.

That's about all as far as a health update goes.  In other news, I have been able to get my other blog printed in a book and it arrived today.  I'm glad to have it in hard copy.  I'm not quite sure why really, because it's a bit weird to have a book to remind me of what wasn't a particularly pleasant time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment