Friday, September 9, 2011

Antihistamines and September

I went to see the GP and she said that it was a bit early to say for sure, from one blood test, that I had ovarian failure. She told me to wait a couple of months and then have another blood test, so in October I'll have the test again and we shall see what comes back.

In the meantime, I have to put up with hot flushes, although they have reduced a bit. I asked the doctor about my itchy eyes while I was there and she thought they were due to allergies and told me to get some antihistamines. I dutifully went to the chemist and purchased some antihistamine nasal spray. It seems to have done the trick.

September is another important month of anniversaries. It was Father's Day in 2009 when I first felt the lump in my neck. It's a bit crazy for me to think that was two years ago already. The City to Bay falls in September - in 2009 I ran it with lymphoma, in 2010 I ran it after chemo and this year I will be running it in better condition than the past couple of years. I hope my time is better than those two because I'll be fairly disappointed if I can't stumble across the line faster in good health. Although I am a menopausal nanna at the moment so that may lead to another slow time.

It was also September last year when I went into hospital for the surgeon to have a little look inside my chest and take a sample. It was the Thursday after the City to Bay when I spoke to Dr Giri on the way home from the hospital and he said the lab analysis was clear and I was in remission. I might think of a special way to celebrate that on Thursday week.

No comments:

Post a Comment